Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NOOSA - Amsterdam



Already for some years I am the proud owner of a NOOSA bracelet. My cousin was the person who showed me the concept, and I fell in love. The NOOSA bracelet is a customisable accessory which could be described as a 'Souvenir of yourself'. The bracelet consists of a leather band on which you can attach so called chunks. Ever since I bought the NOOSA belt, the collection has expanded. There are over 100 different chucks available!

The two founders of NOOSA - Amsterdam have both travelled around the world. On their journey they got inspired by the earth's diversity of cultures and symbols. There's a different symbol on every chunk, and "Each symbol represents a world of mystique and adventure for you to explore." The chunks are perfect to ask as birthday present, or to buy as a souvenir of a special memory or event in your life.


A few of my favourite chunks




The first sign symbolises the strond bond between family members. My mother gave this chunk to me on my 16th birthday!


The second is the oldest form of Chinese script, it represents prosperity and happiness.


Thirtly, Buddhists used this circles during meditation to improve concentration.


The last symbol can also be seen on the Nepalese flag. It stands for peace and provides protection from evil.


-



What I love about the NOOSA bracelet is that you can put together your own combination of chunks. Also there's this cute shop near my house which offers a huge collection, and I just love to walk around there and read about all the meanings of symbols. (:


Not only does the NOOSA collection consists of different chucks and bracelets, there is also a huge collection of belts, sandels and scarves.  Take a look at http://www.noosa-amsterdam.nl/en-gl/ for the whole collection and the shop finder!


0 reacties:

Post a Comment