Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Trains

If there's one photographer whose work , other than Steve Bloom's,  I really respect and look up to, it's the photography of Steven McCurry. The best man is mostly know for the cover 'Afghan Girl' of the National Geographic that came out in 1985. He was a first in photographing the conflict going on in Afghanistan those days. ("When he emerged, he had rolls of film sewn into his clothes." - The courage that man have!! ) Ever since, McCurry's work has won many awards.


A long time ago I came across a series of his photos taken in India. The public transport in India has absolutely nothing to do with the kind that I know. These photos tell the stories of the trains; its beauty and its madness.


I honestly wish I'll be able to make these kind of honest and expressive photos once. A girl needs something to dream about right? (;


Enjoy these photos, they're magical.










via: Steve McCurry



Follow me! :D


xochrista

2 reacties:

Photographer Ravi said...

I have seen and taken many shots of Taj Mahal, but never one so interesting as with tht train engine and the people.

DyingNote said...

Brilliant, isn't he? Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment